Friday, June 29, 2012

Personalized Picture Frame

My neighbor (Melissa...my dear Christmas tree light Goddess) was looking for a gift for a baby shower and was inspired to make a personlized picture frame using my marble magnet idea that I had posted about earlier (My Own Magnets).  We bought the supplies and went to work.  The frames turned out to be really cute so I thought I'd share it with you. 



Supplies
Unfinished wood frame
Flat marbles
Scrapbooking paper
Glue - liquid, stick & glue gun
Paint & brush (if you wish to paint the frame edges)
Scissors
Craft knife
Pencil

Instructions

We first created the personalization by spelling the name out using my marble magnets...minus the magnet.  You can find those instructions at the My Own Magnets page.


  • Paint the visible edges of your frame.  You can either match the color scheme of the papers you are using or can select any complimentary color.  For this project I went with the standard beige.

  • Once you have choosen your frame paper, cover the entire working surface of your frame with glue using a glue stick.  Be very careful to completely cover all the edges along both the outside of the frame as well as the inside edge along the picture window.

  • Place your background paper onto your glued surface and rub out any air pockets. 

  • Turn your frame upside down and carefully trim the outside edge with a craft knife.
  • I prefer to cut the window pane out by during the frame right side up.  I then carefully cut along the inside edge of the opening.  I find that doing this cut from the front keeps the edge of the paper from looking torn.

  • Then glue on the letter marbles to the frame.  I used my hot glue gun for this job be be sure that they all stayed in place.  You may also find other fun things to add such as bows, flowers, etc.  Continue to personlize it to make it a one of a kind gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment